Before you apply, please read and understand the following:
Commitment & Expectations
1. Skills (1 Samuel 16:15-18; Psalm 33:3) – Must be able to learn up to 4 songs within a 4-day period.
a. Vocalists – Must be able to sing melody, quickly learn harmony (when required), and sing/blend with other vocalists.
b. Instrumentalists – Must know how to play chords/notes using chord charts and/or by ear.
2. Humility (Philippians 2:3-4; Proverbs 1:2-3; James 4:10) – Must have a teachable spirit; be able to receive coaching, constructive criticism, and feedback; and work well with others.
3. Technology – Must have access to the internet, email, and a printer.
4. Frequent Home Practice (Colossians 3:23-24) – All music & lyrics should be learned before rehearsals.
5. Weekly Rehearsal – Every Wednesday from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
6. Early Arrival (Philippians 2:3) – Must arrive 10-15 minutes before each scheduled service.
7. Communication – Respond within 24 hours to emails and texts.
8. Spiritual Maturity (Mark 12:30-31; Matthew 28:19; James 1:23-25) – Must be willing to participate in our church’s discipleship process and regularly attend worship service (even when you’re not scheduled to serve on the worship team).
All instrumentalists must have their own equipment. Although some equipment is provided, like the drum set, you are still required to have your own equipment at home to ensure you have what is needed to prepare yourself for rehearsal.
1. Complete the attached application.
2. Audition with the team after a Wednesday night rehearsal.
3. Within 1 week of your audition, the worship leader will inform you of your selection or non-selection to the team and provide audition feedback.
4. If selected for the team, complete a 90-day probation period that reveals your commitment and compatibility.
5. After completing the 90-day probation period, the worship leader will inform you of your permanent selection to the team or discuss other ministry options.
Please note: The OBBC worship team utilizes an online website called Planning Center where team members are expected to frequently log in, RSVP for rehearsal/service, check schedules/plans of when you are participating, download and listen to music, look over chords charts, and prepare for rehearsals on their own. Planning Center also offers an app for both iOS and Android devices.
MINISTRY POSITION OF INTEREST
You are only required to fill out the section(s) you are interested in:
Vocalists, Instrumentalists, or Tech